Prince Charles Has Coronavirus

提供: MyWiki
移動: 案内検索

The Queen and Prince Philip face weeks in self-isolation at Windsor Castle with a 'skeleton staff' after Prince Charles today revealed he has tested positive for coronavirus.

The Prince of Wales, 71, has a 'mild' form of the illness and is on the Balmoral estate with his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, who has tested negative and is without any symptoms of the virus, which has killed 435 and infected 8,200 more in the UK so far. 

A royal source said Charles' doctor's most conservative estimate was that the prince was contagious on March 13 - 24 hours after 'briefly' meeting his 93-year-old mother the Queen. A Buckingham Palace spokesman has said: 'Her Majesty remains in good health. The Queen is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare'. 

It is not known if the monarch has been tested for coronavirus but she is now in ‘virtual' self-isolation and not even close family members can see her. Her weekly meeting with the Prime Minister is being done by phone, rather than in person at Buckingham Palace, where a worker tested positive for coronavirus while the Queen was still in residence last week.

The monarch and the Duke of Edinburgh, who was helicoptered to Windsor from Sandringham last Thursday, are being looked after by her two favourite staff, who are part of a skeleton team of just eight. The rest of her 100-plus workers have all been told to go home to protect both the head of state and themselves. 

Charles has tested positive yesterday - a fortnight after meeting coronavirus-stricken Prince Albert of Monaco, who tested positive five days ago, after he sat opposite the Prince of Wales at a WaterAid event in London on March 10. 

A Clarence House spokesman said: 'The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.  

'The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing'. NHS Scotland has said the heir to the throne qualified because of his age and his symptoms.

Charles' spokesman said it was impossible to say where he caught it from because of the large number of public engagements he has carried out in 'recent weeks' - but it will raise questions over whether it came from Prince Albert and if the heir to the throne has spread it himself.  

As coronavirus reached the royal family on the second day of Britain's lockdown, it has also emerged:



The UK Government claims to have bought 3.5million coronavirus antibody tests - but refuses to reveal who makes them, when they will be available on the NHS or whether they'll be used at home;

Shoppers are still ignoring social distancing rules amid fears stores will become hotbeds of coronavirus, with growing calls for the Government lockdown to become more stringent

Sadiq Khan has defied instruction from Boris Johnson to increase London's dangerously cramped Tube services - saying services will be cut further because so many staff are off sick;  

London and Madrid now face worse coronavirus outbreaks than Italy's Lombardy region with deaths doubling every two days. But in better news Germany sees a drop in infection rate from 21% to 15%;

FTSE 100 reaches highest level in two weeks after rising nearly 5% with 258-point surge as world markets rallied again; 








Charles was last seen with the Queen on March 9 at the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey and saw her again on March 12 - 24 hours before his doctor claims he became contagious. Her Majesty is well but taking appropriate medical advice.









MailOnline has plotted Charles movements over the past 16 days, where he is likely to have met hundreds of people over the past few weeks









March 10: Charles (left) sat across from Prince Albert of Monaco at an event in London on March 10 - Albert tested positive on March 20 but Charles' team say it is impossible to know how he caught it after a flurry of public engagements this month









March 11: Prince Charles has been continuing to carry out public engagements despite the coronavirus crisis - but has avoided shaking hands, shown here using a namaste gesture to Ant and Dec at the Prince's Trust Awards Best IPTV Box 2020









March 12: Charles stood in for his mother on investiture day 13 days ago - and saw his mother 'briefly' at Buckingham Palace that day









March 12: The Prince of Wales meets guests at a dinner at Mansion House in London, where he was guest of honour

















RELATED ARTICLES


Previous

1

2

Next




Who should you ask for help if coronavirus symptoms strike?... Inside Britain's 4,000-bed coronavirus field hospital:... 'Contamination is rife': Boris Johnson faces growing...

'We've called the skies our home': Virgin Australia flight...




Share this article

Share